terça-feira, 13 de julho de 2010

I don't wanna hear about it


"I've known her for ten years",
he tells me while we're in the truck
on our way to a job.

"she would actually be perfect for you"

and then he tells me how perfect she is
and how she has some money saved,
no, quite a bit actually,
and how she owns her own unit
down in Pyrmont, near the water,
no mortgage
and probably worth a million.

and he tells me how all that could be mine
and how good it would be,
how perfect.

I would be married and soon having children,
I would have money in the bank,
my own place,
maybe my own little business,
all settled.

"your life would be complete
and you would be able to say
- I made it."

and all the time I'm nodding
pretending that I'm hearing,
pretending that I care about all these things,

marriage
money
property
investments
business
future

pretending that all that bullshit
really means something to me
while deep down in my heart
I know

that it doesn't mean
a damned thing.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário