segunda-feira, 8 de agosto de 2011



"In the cab I leaned back and lit a small cigar I'd bought
in the coffee shop. I was feeling better now, warm and
sleepy and absolutely free. With the palms zipping past
and the big sun burning down on the road ahead, I had a
flash of something I hadn't felt since my first months in
Europe - a mixture of ignorance and a loose, 'what the
hell' kind of confidence that comes on a man when the
wind picks up and he begins to move in a hard straight
line toward an unknown horizon."


"At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion tha the life
we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors,
kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the
tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on
one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other -
that kept me going."






- Hunter S. Thompson, "The Rum Diary"

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário