terça-feira, 29 de março de 2022

where i know covid from

 

i know covid from being afraid my father was gonna get ill and die because his lungs are 

fucked from decades of smoking and because he’s almost 70 and i wasn’t gonna 

get a chance to hug him and comfort him before he died

on january 12, 2022, i called him early in the morning and he didn’t pick up

an hour later i got a text from my brother saying “dad was hospitalized” 

my fear came true

my brother and i got to stay near my father the whole time during the twelve days it took 

him to get better and leave the hospital 

we got to comfort each other and help take care of our father

one day when we were still in the hospital and my father was starting to feel better he said 

he didn’t know what would have happened to him if my brother and i hadn’t been with him 

in the icu everyday

i don’t know what would have happened to us either

 

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário