domingo, 31 de janeiro de 2010

One Step Back

"Death we can face: but knowing, as some
of us do, what is human life, wich of us is it
that without shuddering could (if consciously
we were summoned) face the hour of birth?"
(Thomas De Quincey)




I think I know
what human life is:
the certainty of death,
all the suffering,
the longing, moaning and yearning
between desperate grasps for breath.

But no, I don't think
I could now face death
and leave this life for good
and it is not about mood
because I felt despair
all over me
and I was still afraid.

Would I shudder
if I was to face
all the sadness, the helplessness and the grace
of my own birth?

Yeah, I think I would,
and I would tremble too,
with anguish and agony,
knowing someday I would perish, vanish
in loneliness.

But unfortunately for me
I would still choose life
and all the pain
and all the sorrow.

At least so I could for once fell the rain
and hope that all would change
when the day would turn in-to-morrow.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário