segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2012

And a happy new year for you too.



once again I waited
for something to happen
for a call late at night
or the sound of a message-

when I didn't wait
things seemed to take quite
a different path; that's how she came
to me, that lonely new year's eve, me-
drunk on fine whiskey.

someone offered her a plastic
crate to sit on, the one with
the folded towel on top
so it would be more comfortable-

she refused it smiling
and holding a half-empty bottle of beer
she came near me
and sat on my lap.

I did not say anything
as she turned her head and looked at me
out of the corner of her bright black eyes-

next time she did so I kissed her.

I could taste the beer in her breath
as I am sure she could taste whiskey
in mine-
forgiveness,
some sort of simple redemption.

I held her close for as long as I could
and when she asked me
whether she should spend the night
I told her no-

I got to like her that much
that I just wanted it to last.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário