segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2012

Bukowski's Tapes




I had reasons for not being in that picture,
that day or night, for not being there.

I was behind that light, holding the camera still-
I wasn't a part of it, and I could never be.

I still had to go out and see
what I had to see. That something I had to feel.
It has always been that way too, and habits and years
changed what they could
but nothing else. Some went to search for it
in bullfights across Spain, in wars, racetracks
and barfights, jail and debt and loss. They were
all waiting on god or the worst,
all or the end. None could have it all, and he knew it,
but the grace was in running the race anyway,
knowing you would never win, never quite touch it.

I had a voice I would always listen to,
words I would hear despite the worst kind of madness-
that poetry was the only thing alive
in places and people that life no longer cared for.

Desperation came from life and death,
and the thought would never let me breathe right.

Now I hear him saying over a cigarette that he too
sometimes just needed to lay down in bed, alone,
sometimes for days, in silence, away from people,
to be fulfilled by the absolute absence of humanity.

The world could be as lonely
as lonely faces in the newspapers and magazines.

And that would get me ready to go back out,
walk the blocks and streets down
and endure what I was supposed to endure, none the different
nor special, just
the sweet agony of not even wanting for a chance.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário