segunda-feira, 16 de abril de 2012





Coração numeroso
' Numerous heart '





It happened in Rio.
I was walking down the Avenue around midnight.
Tips of breasts were shining upon beams of light innumerable stars.
It had the promise of the ocean
and streetcars were tinkling,
deadening the heat
that was blowing through the wind
and the wind was coming from Minas.

My paralytic dreams woe to live
(life to me is the will to die)
they were making me man of the barrel organ without alarm
in the Cruzeiro Gallery warm warm
and since I did not know anyone but the sweet wind from Minas,
no desire to drink at all, I said: Let us finish this.

But in the city an allure was trembling long houses
convertible cars running down the road to sea
the vagrant voluptuousness of the heat
a thousand of life's gifts to the indifferent men,
for my heart pounded heavily, my useless eyes wept.

The ocean was beating against my chest, no longer against the docks.
The street ended, where did the trees go? I am the city
I am the city
the city is me
my love.




- Carlos Drummond de Andrade





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário