domingo, 22 de abril de 2012




Emptiness
' Vazio '



 

The night is like a long and clear stare of a woman.
I feel lonely.
In all things that surround me
There is an absolute ignorance of my unhappiness.
The late evening peers at me through the window
And I, helpless to everything, helpless to my own self
Look at things around
With an absolute ignorance of the things that surround me.
I wander within myself, alone, lost
Everything is deserted, my soul is hollow
And it has the grave silence of the abandoned temples.
I peer at the night through the window
It has the wonderful quietness of ecstasy.
But the cats downstairs wake me up crying lust
And I think that tomorrow...
But a female cat sees on the street a big black cat
And runs away from the grey cat.
I peer at the wonderful night
Strange like the look of flesh.
I see at the grate the grey cat watching the caresses of the molly and the black cat
I lose myself for moments in old adventures
And return to the empty and silent soul that no longer awakens
Not even in the clear and long night like the stare of a woman
Nor amid the lustful cries of the cats making love on the street.





- Vinicius de Moraes



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário